Our Statement Of Beliefs
1. We believe that God exists and is pleased with all who draw near by faith. We worship the one and only Holy
and loving God who is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit eternally. God has created all things visible and invisible,
has brought salvation and new life to humanity through Jesus Christ, and continues to sustain the church and
all things until the end of the age.
2. We believe in Jesus Christ, the Word of God become flesh. He is the Savior of the world, who has delivered
us from the dominion of sin and reconciled us to God by his death on a cross. He was declared to be the Son of
God by his resurrection from the dead. He is the head of the church, the exalted Lord, the Lamb who was slain,
coming again to reign with God in glory.
3. We believe in the Holy Spirit, the eternal Spirit of God, who dwelled in Jesus Christ, who empowers the
church, who is the source of our life in Christ, and who is poured out on those who believe as God's guarantee
4. We believe that all Scripture is inspired by God through the Holy Spirit for instruction in salvation and all
training in righteousness. We accept the Scriptures as the Word of God and as the fully reliable and
trustworthy standard for Christian faith and life. Led by the Holy Spirit in the church, we interpret Scripture
in harmony with our Lord Jesus Christ.
5. We believe that God has created the heavens and the earth and all that is in them, and that God preserves
and renews what he has made. All creation has its source outside itself and belongs to God the Creator. God is
good and provides all that is needed for life.
6. We believe that God has created human beings in his divine image. God formed them from the dust of the
earth and gave them a special dignity among all the works of his creation. Human beings have been made for
relationship with God, to live in peace with each other, and to take care of the rest of creation.
7. We confess that, beginning with Adam and Eve, humanity has disobeyed God, given way to the tempter, and
chosen to sin. All have fallen short of the Creator's intent, have marred the image of God in which they were
created, disrupted order in the world, and limited their love for others. Because of sin, humanity has been
given over to the enslaving powers of evil and death and only through the shed blood of Christ Jesus upon the
Cross of Calvary can man be redeemed and receive salvation which is by faith in the finished work of Jesus
8. We believe that, through Jesus Christ, God offers salvation from sin and a new way of life. We receive God's
salvation when we repent and accept Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. In Christ, we are reconciled with God
and brought into the reconciling community. We place our faith in God that, by the same power that raised
Christ from the dead, we may be saved from sin to follow Christ and to know the fullness of salvation.
9. We believe that the church is the assembly of those who have accepted God's offer of salvation through faith
in Jesus Christ. It is the new community of disciples sent into the world to proclaim the reign of God and to
provide a witness of the church's glorious hope. It is the new society established and sustained by the Holy
10. We believe that the mission of the church is to proclaim and to be a sign of the kingdom of God. Christ has
commissioned the church to make disciples of all nations, baptizing them, and teaching them to observe all
things he has commanded.
11. We believe that the baptism of believers in the immersion of water is a sign of their cleansing from sin.
Baptism is also a pledge before the church of their covenant with God to walk in the way of Jesus Christ
through the power of the Holy Spirit. Believers are baptized into Christ and his body by the Spirit, water, and
his blood that was shed on the cross at Calvary.
12. We believe that the Lord's Supper is a sign by which the church thankfully remembers the new covenant
which Jesus established by his death. In this communion meal, the church renews its covenant with God and
with each other and participates in the life and death of Jesus Christ, until he comes.
13. We believe that in the washing of the feet of his disciples, Jesus calls us to serve one another in love. Thus,
we acknowledge our frequent need of cleansing, renew our willingness to let go of pride and worldly power,
and offer our lives in humble service and sacrificial love to our Lord and Saviour, Christ Jesus.
14. We believe that ministry is a continuation of the work of Christ, who gives gifts through the Holy Spirit to
all believers and empowers them for service in the church and in the world. We believe that God calls
particular persons in the church to specific leadership ministries and offices. All who minister are accountable
to God and the Lord Jesus and not to man.
15. We believe that the church of Jesus Christ is one body with many members, ordered in such a way that,
through the one Spirit, believers may be built together spiritually into a dwelling place for God.
16. We believe that Jesus Christ calls us to discipleship, to take up the cross and follow him. Through the gift of
God's saving grace, we are empowered to be disciples of Jesus, filled with his Spirit, following his teachings
and his path through suffering to new life. As we are faithful to his way, we become conformed to Christ and
separated from the evil in the world.
17. We believe that to be a disciple of Jesus is to know life in the Spirit. As the life, death, and resurrection of
Jesus Christ takes shape in us, we grow in the image of Christ and in our relationship with God. The Holy
Spirit is active in individual and in communal worship, leading us deeper into the experience with the Lord
Jesus and our Heavenly Father.
18. We believe that God intends human life to begin in families and to be blessed through families. Even more,
God desires all people to become part of the church, God's family. As single and married members of the
church family give and receive nurture and healing, families can grow toward the wholeness that God intends.
We are called to chastity and to loving faithfulness in marriage.
19. We commit ourselves to tell the truth in all things and to honor God with the taking of vows of faith and
giving cheerfully to the work of the cross and the ministry of the church on the world mission fields.
20. We believe that everything belongs to God, who calls the church to live in faithful stewardship of all that
God has entrusted to us, and to participate in the work of the cross and to rest our faith on the finished work of
Christ and the promises of God.
21. We believe that peace is the will of God. God created the world in peace, and God's peace is most fully
revealed in Jesus Christ, who is our peace and the peace of the whole world. Led by the Holy Spirit, we follow
Christ in the way of peace, doing justice, bringing reconciliation, and practicing non-violence, even in the face
of violence and warfare.
22. We believe that the church is God's holy nation, called to give full allegiance to Christ, its head and to
witness to every nation, government, and society about God's saving grace.
23. We place our faith, hope and assurances in the reign of God and his fulfillment in the day when Christ will
come again in glory to judge the living and the dead. He will gather his church, which is already living under
the reign of God. We await God's final victory, the end of this present age of struggle, the resurrection of the
dead, and a new heaven and a new earth. There the people of God will reign with Christ in justice,
righteousness, and peace forever and ever.
1. Complete commitment to the authority of God's word and God's will.
2. Knowledge of Biblical standards and principles for Christ like living and yieldedness to the Lord Jesus
Christ as revealed in the Bible which is the living word of God.
3. Cultivation of the habits of obedience, prayer, bible study and Christian fellowship as helpful and necessary
means of growth in the Christian's relationship with Christ.
4. Appreciation for the privilege and acceptance of the responsibility to share the Lord Jesus Christ with those
around us, as well as, throughout the world.
5. Through the teaching of the Holy Spirit gain knowledge and wisdom of the nature, mission and ministry of
the church h and understanding God's plan and method of world evangelism.
6. Awareness of God's calling of one's natural and supernaturally bestowed gifts and abilities.
7. The spiritual development of natural and supernatural gifts through the study of the living word of God and
of the principals of preaching, teaching, counseling and outreach.
1. The preaching and spreading of the gospel as evangelists among all peoples of the earth.
2. To ordain, empower and field God called ministers of the gospel and missionaries for the World Mission
3. To Respond as the Lord commands us to be God's Love In Action as a doer of the word and not hearers only.
4. To grant Church Charters for the founding of local Churches.